cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from 3.1.5 to 4.0.2 on different box

tgl3
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone point me to the document that explains how to move users from one box (3.1.5) to another (4.0.2)? It appears that I cannot use export/import and its my understanding that I cannot go from 3.1.5 to 4.0.2 with dirt. Thank you!

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no document for this since there's no support for this at the moment. If you want to move all users from one box to another, the way to do it is with DiRT by either upgrading the version you're moving from to the version you're moving to or vice versa.

In this case I'd normally I reccomend folks do a DiRT backup of your 3.1(5), restore it onto a new 3.1(5) install which you then upgrade to 4.0(2).

If you were looking to move just particular users between the system (i.e. for load ballancing) then you can't do this. For 4.0(1) and later systems you'll be able to use the Global Subscriber Manager tool to move subscribers around between servers in the same dialing domain but there will be no support for 3.x to 4.x moves.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: