Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading to 3.x

I will be upgrading to Unity 3.0.2 from my current 2.4.6 environment. I plan to use the "SET UP A NEW SERVER" method. <br><br>We are planning a migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 in about six months. Currently, they plan on doing Exchange clustering, but it's not for certain. I want to keep the Unity install as simple as possible, and only load MSDE and the Exchange administration software.<br><br>Is this a bad idea considering that there is a chance that we'll be doing Exchange clustering in the future? I'm thinking that by keeping Exchange 5.5 off the Unity box, it will make the migration to Exchange 2000 simpler, as my Unity box is taken out of the migration equation, except for resetting up the connector from 5.5 to 2000.<br><br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Upgrading to 3.x

This is the way you want to set Unity up in a Unified Messaging environment. There is no need and no value added by having Exchange on the box.

Exchange 2000 clusters are OK but read this first:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity30/rel_note/cu302_rn.htm#xtocid719623

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Upgrading to 3.x

OK So we're really unclear here. Exactly where would Unity be pointed, the Active box?, the virtual? Could you please be more specific? Please be more specific about the documents statement =
"Users Homed on an Exchange 2000 Cluster
Supported Cisco Unity configurations include users homed on an Exchange 2000 cluster. While this does not provide failover, it does protect Cisco Unity from Exchange failures, which helps increase the reliability and availability of the overall system.
At this time, Cisco Unity cannot be installed inside an Exchange 2000 cluster, and Exchange 5.5 clustering is not supported."
Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content