Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading to CCM 3.3 from 3.1

My customer wants to upgrade from CCM 3.1. I am thinking of going to CCM 3.3 but have never done a 3.3 install. Can anyone tell me about their experience upgrading to 3.3? How stable does this release seem? How smoothly did the upgrade go and how long did it take? Anything issues I should be aware of? Any tips you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: Upgrading to CCM 3.3 from 3.1

I would like to hear an answer to this question as well. Please repsond back with what version of Unity we should upgrade to along with CCM 3.3. We currently use Unity 3.0

Re: Upgrading to CCM 3.3 from 3.1

Upgrading from CCM3.1 is supported but only from a specific version I think CCM 3.1c (check readme of the upgrade). The upgrade process is quite different than the past. You must first install the new version of the STI backup utility and then do a backup of the publisher. You then need to upgrade the OS using the disk provided. After that you can install the new ver of CCM 3.3 (Publisher disk)....all data is gone at the end...not to worry you can restore it from the backup you made. This is due to the fact that SQL 7 was replaced by SQL 2000. The subscribers only need their OS updated and then update them with the CCM 3.3 (subscriber disk). Stability wize I have had good luck so far.

Views
Helpful
Replies