Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

upgrading to exchange 2000

We are currently running unity 3.1.5 with exchange 5.5

We've just added a new exchange 2000 server with the AD connector to prepare for mailbox migration. We tried to move one test user mailbox to exchange 2K and he can't retreive messages over the phone anymore.

I understand that I need to point unity to the new exchange2k server but I'm not sure on the correct way t do that.

Do I just need to rerun the 3.1.5 setup, or maybe the new 3.1.6 upgrade since it is now available?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: upgrading to exchange 2000

The only way that Unity will work in a mixed-mode messaging environment is to connect Unity to E2K. You'll need to run \CommServer\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe to configure Unity to point to the E2K server.

If there is a two-way ADC, ensure that the AD container where the Unity_ AD account resides is set to replicate back to the E55 directory. If there is a one-way ADC, follow the procedure here...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/inst/inst402/ex/ig_019.htm#1613838

That's a 4.0.2 doc, but the same should apply for 3.1.5 and up.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content