Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading Unity 4.0 to new Server Platform and Name

Is it possible to use the server upgrade process to take advantage of migrating to a new server?

I was planning on installing Unity 4.0 on a new DL380 server and running this new install (for testing) while still running my old Unity 2.4.6 version in parallel. Basically, the 2.4.6 would server as a primary VM server until the testing is completed on the 4.0 server. At that point I need to remove the 2.4.6 server and, essentially, upgrade that data to be pulled into the existing 4.0 server.

The catch to that is the server name will be different - will that cause a problem with the upgrade process?

Also, can I change the IP address of the Unity server after it has been installed?

Thanks on both items,

Duane Brennan

American Business Systems

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Upgrading Unity 4.0 to new Server Platform and Name

No, changing the server name is not a problem - the FullDBImport doesn't care about such things - you can get details on the 2.x to 4.x migration in the install guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_book09186a00801ba4c0.html

there's a special section specific to the 2.x to 4.x migration using FullDBImport/Export that covers this.

Yes, you can change the IP address of a Unity server - the IP address is not used internally for anything specific to Unity so that doesn't cause any problems.

If you are switching to PCI-based Dialogic cards, one thing to watch out for here is PCI Voltage. For our upgrade we selected two 12-port Dialogic PCI cards (D/120JCT-LS Rev. 2) -- and they only support the older 5 volt PCI slots, not the newer 3.3 volt slots.

When planning our upgrade this year, we actually had to return the first server we ordered (an ML370-G3) in favor of a slower ML370-G2 just to get the older PCI slots.

The DL380-G2 has two 3.3 volt slots, but only one of the required 5-volt slots, so if you are planning to use more than one D/120JCT-LS you may want to think again about the server hardware choice.

Thanks for the help on both ends...

I will be trying this tonight.

Thanks,

Duane Brennan

ABS

Views
Helpful
Replies