Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

URGENT - Unity Analog Integration with PBXlink and Nortel Issue

NOTE: This is the fourth installation like this that I have been involved with (2 of which with this specific client), all others have gone flawlessly...not one issue.

Here’s the issue:

I am having an integration issue of some sort. Calls that roll from an extension to voicemail will only get the main greeting. Here is sample output from the PBXlink:

------------------------

|J. Wilh |

|6150 3133 "CFNA" |

------------------------

------------------------

| |

|2407 6150 "HUNT" |

------------------------

------------------------

|J. Wi |

|6152 3133 "CFNA" |

------------------------

------------------------

|J. |

|6150 3133 "HUNT" |

------------------------

The above output is correct except that the full user name doesn’t always come through.

I have verified that accurate SMDI output is reaching Unity via the Integration Monitor. It appears that when the calls roll to voicemail they show up as an “Unknown” origin type.

Calls that come through from pressing the messages button on the phone come through as an”Internal” origin type....a Direct call. These calls are working correctly and users get prompted automatically to enter their password.

Here’s what I have:

7847 with Expansion Chassis.

4 Dialogic boards (in expansion chassis) totalling 48 ports

All users and Call handlers are active and fully functional

All 48 ports are recognized and tested and are setup on a one to one basis (Nortel port 1 to Unity port 1)

2 PBXlink boxes daisy chained per documentation (port A on box one set for MWI only, the other three ports are set for calls only handling 16 ports each).

Here is the troubleshooting that has been done so far (in addition to the SMDI troubleshooting above):

I have had the PBX port configurations verified 4 different times by more than one person.

I have removed the second PBXlink box and configured only one connected directly to the Unity server (no more daisy chain).

I have read just about every Cisco Document relating to a PBXlink integration...even found my same issue but none of the fixes work.

The closest I have come to a resolution is finding a Cisco doc that stated the calls that are coming into Unity as “Unknown” origin are doing so because the CFNA setting on the PBXlink box NEEDS to be different that what is actually being displayed on the Digital set. After making this change on the PBXlink I was able to get my first test call to work correctly, after that no other calls working right (they all got the main greeting).

I might add that Call forward Busy calls work incorrectly as well.

Also, MWI WORKS PROPERLY.

There are NO errors on the PBXlink box, all calls show up as successful.

After 6 hours of troubleshooting we moved back to the old system.

Sorry for the lengthy message, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: URGENT - Unity Analog Integration with PBXlink and Nortel Is

DiRT does check the ro/rw status on some files and clear the ro flag if necessary - not the switch files however. I'll add that in my next sweep through it.

14 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The best thing to do is to open both the IntegrationMonitor.exe and the CallViewer.exe at the same time and compare what shows up for calling and called parties along with port number and reason. We'd also need to see the SMDI packets that are being sent when calls work and when they don't work.

So, if you made a test call that failed, we'd need to know the following:

1. From which extension did you call?

2. What extension did you call?

3. What DN is that phone forwarded to?

4. What type of "device" is that DN on the PBX?

5. What does the IntegrationMonitor.exe show for called, calling, reason, port number?

6. What are the contents of the SMDI packet?

7. What does the CallViewer.exe show for called, calling, reason, port number?

8. What did the display of the PBXLink show on this call?

Based on the answers to these quesitons, we may ask more questions, but it's absolutely necessary to get all of that information.

There's too many mis-configurations that are possible, so it's too hard to theorize what's going on here (it's even possible that it's not a configuration issue).

The only "guess" that I have right now is to ensure that the "prime number" configuration setting on the PBXLink matches the DN that phones are forwarded to or called directly for voice mail. This DN is not necessarily the same as the DN of the first voice mail extension; there are a few ways to configure the "entry point" into voice mail.

I have screen shots to forward you, are you the TAC engineer assigned to this case. If so please call the primary number (cell phone) to let me know your email.

Jeff

Well I think I'm on the right track. The call viewer shows only the dialed number and calling numbers. Looking at a working system (for the same client) it shows only the calling number and the forwarding DN. So it would seem that the PBX is sending the forwarding DN as the dialed number. Now all I need to know is what setting on the PBX to look for.

Another strange finding: The SA - System, Switch settings won't let me set the default extension length field...it is stuck at three.

Cisco Employee

What's the switch default extension length set to?

The default is set at 3, I need 4. It won't keep the changes after I set it to 4.

Cisco Employee

Hmmmm...

With this data:

|J. Wilh |

|6150 3133 "CFNA" |

------------------------

------------------------

| |

|2407 6150 "HUNT" |

------------------------

------------------------

|J. Wi |

|6152 3133 "CFNA" |

------------------------

------------------------

|J. |

|6150 3133 "HUNT" |

------------------------

Do you see both called and calling numbers here? If so, I'd bet that the PBX is sending the correct data. Or, is one of these numbers a voice mail extension, pilot number?

The called number is 3133, the 615x is the voicemail hunt group.

Cisco Employee

Seems like the calling number should be showing up too, especially if you are calling from an internal, Nortel phone. Have you tried calling from other phones?

If 6150 is the pilot number, make sure that is entered as the "prime number" on the PBXLink.

If 6150 is the entry point into voice mail, and 6150 is the DN of the first analog port of voice mail, then make sure the call forward displays from the PBX match what's in the PBXLink:

PBX: PBXLink:

CFWD CFWD

CFNA CFNA

HUNT HUNT

If 6150 is the entry point into voice mail, but 6150 is NOT the DN of the first analog port of voice mail, then make sure the call forward displays from the PBX match what's in the PBXLink with the exception of CFWD:

PBX: PBXLink:

CFWD DIR (or anything else than CFWD)

CFNA CFNA

HUNT HUNT

Is 6150 the DN of the first analog port on Unity, or is it something else (ACD pilot, etc...)?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.