Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

USB dongle problem

After installing Unity, I am trying to enter the license key using the "Upgrade License" utility. But when I click "Upgrade System," I get the message "Cannot read key. Please make sure your security is plugged into the port." I have tried installing and uninstalling the Sentinel driver, removing registry keys, rebooting the system, plugging the key back in and every combination thereof. But every time I plug the key back into the system, the "USB Token" device appears in Device Manager, which, since the documentation says to remove the device, I'm assuming it should not be there. This happens both after I have uninstalled the Sentinel driver and after I re-installed it. Any ideas?<br><br>

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: USB dongle problem

Did you try deleting the USB token in the device manager?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Yes, but it keeps showing back up after I plug the dongle back in.

Gold

Did you see this?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/usb_key.html

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

I discovered that until I logged in through the console (as opposed to terminal services), Windows had not finished detecting the USB key. After it was detected and it showed up as the "Rainbow USB SuperPro" in Device Manager instead of just "USB Token", I was able to use the "Upgrade License" utility.

Yes, I did. There was another post on this forum that describes that procedure exactly. The problem I'm running in to is every time after I plug the key back in, Windows detects it and the "USB Token" device appears back in device manager and I have the same problem with the "Upgrade License" program.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content