Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

user cannot access messages

I have a user with Unity 4.0.3 that cannot access his voicemail messages. From his extension he will press the messages button or dial 1000 which is the voicemail port. It asks for the password. The password is entered and then hear his name so we know we are in his mailbox. At that point it goes through the regular routine saying to press 1 for new messages, press 2 for......

After pressing 1 it comes back with "Message 1"which is interupted by "3 for setup options press 4 for help.....". After "Message 1" you never hear the message.

Freaky..any idea what is happening or how to fix it? Everyone else on the system is working fine.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: user cannot access messages

Do any error messages show up in the application event log? Can you look at the user's message from the desktop via Outlook somewhere? It might be good to see what that first message in the stack is and seeing if we're choking on it and bailing out or the like.

Just got it working and was going to cancel the post. Before I do look at this.

We went into the users account using Web Mail. The very first message was from extension 1000 (voicemail port). Fired up the WAV and what did it say? "3 for setup options press 4 for help...". Not sure how but Unity sent the user a WAV file that contained prompts. There was nothing wrong with the system we just thought there was because of the WAV we were listening to. Again, not sure how it got there but we deleted it and the user is fine now.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

it could have been a message notification issue - does that user have message notification setup to dial their work phone or another phone that forwards to this phone by any chance? I've seen that before - Unity will call, it'll get forwarded back to Unity and it'll record some of its own conversation as a message.

You can prevent this by configuring Unity to not accept calls from extensions that are Unity ports (i.e. it's not allowed to call itself).

Nobody on that server has notification setup. I'll still look into blocking calls from itself.

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies