cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user import after deleteion

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,<br>After i imported some users i noticed that i has some setting wrong in my Template. so i went back and deleted all of the users out of Unity. After I fixed my template i re imported the users, but it has only import a portion of my users. <br><br>We are running Exchange 2000 and Unity 3.0(3). Any ideas oh what propertied in Exchange 2000 to remove?<br><br>---<br>Ben Mason<br>Netarx, Inc<br>Phone: (248) 647-9800<br>Fax: (248) 647-9840<br>Email: bmason@netarx.com<br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

How did you delete all the users out of Unity? If you removed them in the SA it should have properly cleaned any properties necessary for you...

If you're stuck, you need to use ADSIEdit (at the moment) to clean the "CiscoESCBUUMLocationObjectID" property off these users so they can be reimported. ADSIEdit is a little gnarly to use... CPR has a "bunny killer" application that lets you browse users in the directory and wipe this property for you, I'll post it on AnswerMonkey in the next day or two after they finish testing it.

That said, I'd still like to know how you removed these users from the system. If this property wasn't cleaned I'd like to figure out why.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Are there step by step instructions for doing this? If so could you post or email them to me. dferrie@prominencegroup.com

Senior Systems Consultant
The Prominence Group Inc.
Sharon, MA

Not applicable

You need to get ADSIEdit installed (this is an MS tool you can get in the Support\Tools directory on your Windows2000 CD ROM). Once you have that, fire it up (just hit ok when it asks you for a login and PW, there's no need to enter anything here). Expand the Domains NC node and to to the users container, expand it out, find the user you want to clean and then right click on them and select "properties".
Find the property 'CiscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectID', select it and then hit the "clear" button. This will remove the tag we used to determine that this user is a subscriber.

all that said, I'll be posting a new tool from our CPR folks on AnswerMonkey probably tonight called "BunnyKiller" which is a much easier way of going about this. It lets you simply navigate your AD containers to find the user(s) you want to clean and hit a button to take care of this. Of course there's lots of warnings before you do this since we have no way of knowing if this is a subscriber still being used or not so it's up to you to get it right. I'll post a note out here when it gets posted.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: