cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Import

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

The situation: <br>Unity on an NT4 member server, network is mixed NT4 and Win2K, no Exchange so unity is stand alone VM. Joined domain given an account that did not have the ability to create users on the network. Time to import subscribers I was given a CSV file with user names, alias's, and extentions. Import can't bring in any users error.log says failed on column zero. I believe that this is due to the inability to create users on the network (could that assumption be true?). The only other possibility, if I don't want to setup 700+ users in the web gui, is to import the network users into exchange and then import the exchange db into unity via import utility. That works (sort of) but I'm stuck having to fill in every extention for every user to do the import. I feel that there must be a better way, if faced with this again I am thiking of writing a macro in excel that will merge the CSV from the customer with extentions and the network export to make an exchage file that will fill in the phone# fields in the exchange import so that info should be available in the Unity import. However if the "wheel" has been invented I would just as soon use that. Thanks for any help.<br><br>Anthony Duval<br>Systems Engineer <br>Special Order Systems<br>aduval@team-sos.com<br><br><br>Anthony Duval<br>Systems Engineer <br>Special Order Systems<br>aduval@team-sos.com<br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The best way to approach this (assuming you can't give our account domain admin rights) is to prepopulate the Exchange "business phone field" which will then prepopulate your Exchange import column for you.

Here's a post on how to use the Exchange CSV import/update tools to do that quickly...

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=737&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=column&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=727

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)