cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User not getting faxes in unified messaging

gregpage
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 2.4.6<br>Lightning Fax 6.5<br>I reused a FAX number that had been previously assigned to an ex-employee but the new user can't receive any FAX's. When I check the logs on Unity, it shows the the FAX was sent to the previous user. The previous user's mailbox has been deleted as well as the entries in Exchange Administrator in the GWD\Unity|\Handlers\CallHandlers. I did have to create the LF fax address for the new user but the account was there.<br><br>This is a very annoying issue since there aren't any visible references to the old user.<br><br>Do I need to bounce Unity?<br><br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Unity is actually not involved in the delivery of the fax to the user's inbox at all. This is all done from Lightning fax side of the house. They maintain their own directory of users (synced from NT's directory). LF does their own search in LDAP and has their own gateway to send messages to the user's inbox. Unity doesn't get in the middle anywhere here so bouncing us isn't going to do any good. Bouncing LF probably wont either, but who knows... I'm guessing their database still has a reference to this guy and is sending messages there on a match of that ID(I'm guessing they get NDRed, right?) since they missed the delete event for some reason.

If their sync is missing the deletion (totally possible) you'll need to go into the lightning fax administrator and manually remove/update that reference. It's been a while since I've poked around in their administration tool and I don't have an old copy hanging around to reference... I do remember you need to sign in with "Lightning Fax authentication" instead of "NT authentication" and the login is "administrator" (case sensitive) with no password. From there I'd have to see it myself to navigate around but there's a list of all LF users and you'll need to find this guy's alias and remove it or change the email address it's forwarding those messages to.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Apparently the sync isn't working at all because I spent the better part of an hour deleting old users. I was able to fix the routing table and that solved the problem with the user getting FAX's.

Thanks

Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: