Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are not listed in Unity Directory Handler

I am running Unity 3.15. I have some users that were imported into Unity that are not listed by the Directory Handler. Under Conversations I do have list by last name and the list in directory check box is checked. Other Users do work

Any Ideas

Greg

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Users are not listed in Unity Directory Handler

Be sure they have a voice name recorded - that's the most common over sight with the directory handler. If subscribers don't have a voice name recorded they wont appear for outside callers since we can't confirm the name they spelled with DTMF - subscribers, of course, can still address them by name or Id but for outside callers coming in through the directory handler we will not present subscribers with no voice names recorded.

The problem is when a user types in the first few letters of the last name Unity doesn't come back with a reply. I thought this was entered into the directory when the username was typed into Unity.

Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand your last note here - you enter the first few letters of the person's last name (presumably you have the directory handler setup for last name then first name spelling) - what do you mean by there "no reply"? You mean no names that match are listed? I'm not sure I'm following your description here...

Exactly, no names that match are listed. It is setup for last name first.

Thanks

Greg

Cisco Employee

did you ensure users have their voice names recorded? As noted, if they're not recorded they wont be offered as a match through the directory monitor. Other than the "list in directory" flag which it sounds like you already checked, the other thing to make sure is you have your users scope set right on the "search options" page - I've seen a few folks set this to a COS or distrubtion list that doesn't contain the users they thought it did for instance.

The most common cause of this by far, however, is the lack of recorded voice names.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content