Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Users can't get their new voice mail

Unity : 2.4(6.102)<br>TSP : 1.0(0.28)<br>CM : 3.0(9)<br><br>Recently, the network was down for several hours. After that, user couldn't get their new voice-mail but they can still hear their old mail. How can I fix it?<br><br>Time:<br>1. everything was ok before the network down.<br>2. network was down. call manager, unity and IP phone can't communicate.<br>3. after network recovery, user can't access the unity<br>4. unity was manually rebooted and user can access the voice mail BUT<br>i) sender "seem" to be able to leave the voice mail<br>ii) receiver can't get new message but can hear old message.<br><br>I hope my wording is understandable. What step(s) I should take for touble-shooting this syndrome?<br><br>System Support Engineer<br>Rayon<br><br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Users can't get their new voice mail

Can you see the new messages in Outlook but just not over the phone? Any chance the time/date got set back/forward somewhere in this process? Unity wont offer messages in the inbox that are stamped in the future based on the current date/time on the box...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Another possibility is if the subscribers can only see old messages in Outlook (as opposed to over the TUI, you were not specific) is that the MTA on the Unity box is not delivering the new messages. Try sending a new message using VMO, which does not use the MTA on the Unity system.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Hi,
After visiting the site, I find the problem is due to the expiration of Exchange Server. I can't send text mail within the exchange domain. My case is closed and thanks for your support.

But I have aonther 2 minor questions:
1: if the OS is windows 2000 server, what is the version of Exchange server & unity required? My another client is using NT4, exchange 5.5 , unity 2.4(6.135). I think it is ok, right ?
2: In my case, System->IP switch->"Resync now" button, I have the following error page. Why it happens ?

At last, Thanks a lots

System Support Engineer
Rayon

================================================
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the "Unity" home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
(0x80004005)
Unspecified error
/SAWeb/BodyASP/SwitchTwoBody.asp, line 319

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)

Page:
POST 381 bytes to /SAWeb/BodyASP/SwitchTwoBody.asp

POST Data:
hdnSubmitForm=Save+Page&hdnMoveToKind=0&hdnMoveToPage=&hdnSubmitKind=3&hdnManuName=&hdnModelName=&hdnSoftName=&hdnIntegName=&hdnMwiReadOnly=false&hdnSmdiReadOnly=false&hdnMinDefExtLen=0&hdnMaxDefExt . . .

Time:
Friday, September 07, 2001, 11:51:23 AM

More information:
Microsoft Support

Views
Helpful
Replies