Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 827-4V with CallManager

jgalsgaard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible to use the cisco 827-4V router with callmanager?

The scenario is that userA from home has an ADSL connection with a cisco 827-4V. Attached to that is an analog phone which will be used for support calls etc..

The setup works when the router can see the callmanager on the network.

Not wanting the callmanager on the internet is it possible to use a router (3640) as some sort of proxy? Or do I make the callmanager known on the internet and open the ports to/from each 827-4V?

Regards

Jens Galsgaard

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

You could put the callmanager behind the 3640 and do some kind of NAT to translate a public address to a private address for the call manager. The 827-4v would be a h.323 device in callmanager so make sure you are NATing the h.323 correctly. Where is your voice going to terminate to a pstn gateway or an IP phones? Where are these devices going to be in relation to the callmanager?

Thank you,

-Mckee

The 827-4v would connect to several pstn gateways besides the callmanager and the phones connected to that. The purpose is that the routers only talk with the 3640 and this proxies traffic to all other devices. What is the 'correct' way of nat'ing this?

And do the 827's register with the 3640 and/or the callmanager?

Regards

Jens Galsgaard

Unless you are using a gatekeeper the 824-4v should be pointed at teh callmanager. The routers do not support tandem switching voip calls. So if you point the 827-4v at the 3640 the call manager could not use it as a gateway. I think I might have misspoke when I said configure it correctly. But you do need 12.1(5)T as a minuim to have NAT support for h.323.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t5/dth323v2.htm

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: