cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a .wav file as a greeting

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

I already have a .wav file recorded that I would like to use as a greeting for a call handler. Can this be done, or do I have to rerecord it through the phone?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sure, you can do this. In the SA for the greeting on the call handler you're interested it, select the "paste from file" option in the media master control (little VCR looking thing) which is available in the drop down menu when you click the little down arrow on the left of it. You can pick a standing WAV file and slurp it in from there.

Thanks. I put the wav file in. Hwever it won't play the greeting. I have it set to sent to greeting. I can listen to the greeting through a phone, with the media master. But when I try to call that call handler, it ignores the greeting. It is set to transfer to the customers ICD queue after playing the greeting. However, it is just transfering it right away. It is the standard greeting, so it is enabled.

Couple of possibilities here...

1. you have another greeting active that's over riding the standard (i.e. alternate).

2. you have a transfer rule enabled that's taking effect before the greeting rule (transfer rules are exectued first, and if one is setup to send the call to a phone or a queue or whatever, that's where the call is going).

3. the WAV file is in a codec it doesn't like... I don't imagine this is the case if the media master can play it. You'd also see errors in the application event log.

If you get stuck and just can't figure out where the call is being routed, fire up the StatusMonitor.exe application in the tools depot "switch integration tools" section. check the "application" and the "conversation" boxes and monitor the ports as you call into this box. It should show you which handlers are being hit and where the cal lis going which might give you some clues as to what's happening.

I checked all the other greeting and transfer rules, I even disabled the closed one. Still no luck. So I created a new call handler using the same greeting and it works now. Nt sure what happened to the old one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: