Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using AXL to modify MWI value

Scenario:

We are in the process of upgrading from CM 3.3(4) to 4.1(3). Due to size of clusters and length of upgrade we are pulling images of production clusters into a controlled environment, doing the upgrade, and redeploying.

In some cases we have upto 1 week lead time to redeploy which causes a minor issue (actually 2).

1. CFA: discrepency who had CFA enabled on Control_Image vs. TOBEReplaced_Image

2. MWI: discrepency who had MWI On with Control_Image vs. TOBEReplaced_Image

The CFA has been dealt with.

The MWI is a little trickier.

What we want to do:

1. pull image in control environment

2. upgrade

3. run AXL to set all MWI to Off

4. deploy

5. let production voicemail light MWI during maintenance interval

I know exactly how to get to the MWI status information in the NumPlan table of CallManager, the problem is I don't have a "supported" method to set it.

executeSQLQuery in 4.1 AXL API doesn't appear to allow updates (this is apparently available in 5.x but I am not loading that version for a few months)

Does anyone have any other methods in mind?

1. JTAPI won't work since I don't have live/registered phones in lab

2. XML to phone won't work. same issue as JTAPI

3. AXL?

4. SQL UPDATE (using ODBC or direct)?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Using AXL to modify MWI value

AXL is probably your only hope. I don't know about AXL having this particular API call, but as you indicated, sql hacks don't work because it lacks the magic that happens when you click "update", "insert", etc. through the admin interface.

-mike

Re: Using AXL to modify MWI value

So, I have looked further at Axl and the only thing I see is simpleType LampBlinkRate. This appears to be exactly what I want. Unfortunately, it is only tied to UpdateTranslation and UpdateRoutePattern. I don't see a reference in UpdateLine. So, this doesn't make sense. Why would LampBlinkRate be accessible in a pattern type that doesn't use it? Or better yet, why would it not be accessible in a pattern type that needs it?

I am still looking and testing, but this looks to be a black hole.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content