Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using fax on ViewMail Outlook

Hi,

I learned that we can read fax on Outlook so how people can send fax to us ? using my desk phone number ? please help to understand how it works. Thank you very much.

Duc Vu

2 REPLIES

Re: Using fax on ViewMail Outlook

We do not do this today in Unity and I do not know of anyway that it can be done today using your phone number. We have many 3rd party fax vendors we work with today and they are documented on CCO so you can check them out. Basically their server recieves the messages and then depending on vendor (on how) it gets sent to your exchange inbox where VMO displays it as a fax.

Cisco Employee

Re: Using fax on ViewMail Outlook

actually... to be clear, VMO does not come into play for faxes in your inbox... the VMO form only triggers on messages that have a message class of IPM.Note.Voice.Unity. Faxes will have whatever message class the 3rd party fax server sticks on them and Outlook will use whatever form is appropriate (usually just the regular email form unless your fax server comes with custom forms you can install in Outlook).

Views
Helpful
Replies