Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Instant Messenger video with 806 Router problem

Sorry if this might be a simple question but I can't seem to figure this out. I have a Cisco 806 router with my DSL connection and I can't get my webcam to work with Yahoo or MSN messengers. If I try Yahoo, it just freezes when I even attempt to start the cam, on MSN, it just shows me a black screen. If I try to see someone else's webcam, I cant do it either. On Yahoo it tells me Im behind a firewall and cant connect, on MSN the connection just times out and never connects.

I've tried disabling CBAC, didnt work, I also tried removing all my access lists, didn't work either, so Im guessing its not a CBAC or ACL issue. I've heard from reading a few posts that it might be due to NAT. Someone suggested that I try the following line :

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.4 1500 interface Ethernet1 1500

Where 10.10.10.4 would be my pc's address and 5100 the port number, since I read under yahoo help that webcam uses this port to communicate. This howeve did not work either....

Anyone successfully used a webcam tru Yahoo or MSN messengers and this router? I know the webcam works for sure, so that is not the issue.

Any clues appreciated! By the way Im fairly new in the Cisco/IOS world so please keep that in mind.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Using Instant Messenger video with 806 Router problem

I guess the command should be " ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.4 5100 interface Ethernet1 5100 " and not "ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.4 1500 interface Ethernet1 1500 "

Check out after correcting this!, Just in case it is not a typo!

Re: Using Instant Messenger video with 806 Router problem

I actually made that mistake the first time around but corrected it, still freezes though...I'm guessing MSN uses a different port number as well because didnt work in MSN either....thanx for the tip though, I will keep trying things out.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content