Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LDAPSEARCH.ASP

I am trying to integrate the phone directory with our Active Directory domain, and I am using the ldapsearch feature from the SDK.

I registered the DLL for the ldapsearch, and I placed the ldapsearch.asp file on the web server. I have other ASPs from the SDK on that webserver that are running fine (pngviewer, clock, etc...)...

I modified the ldapsearch.asp file to match the server information for our ldap server.

When I try to view that page in IE on the local server or from another computer, I am returned with an HTTP 500 - Internal server error. Same thing on the phone if I press the directory button - HTTP ERROR 500...

Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Using LDAPSEARCH.ASP

This problem occurs because the ldapsearch.asp file contains Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) and Visual Basic Scripting (VBScript) code that uses the IIS Admin Objects to access the metabase. For security reasons, access to the metabase is restricted to members of the local Administrators group. This behavior is by design.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services.

2. In the console tree, click Default Web Site. In the display pane, right-click Localstart.asp, and then click Properties.

3. On the File Security tab, click Edit under Anonymous access and authentication control.

4. On the Authentication Methods property page, click to clear Anonymous access.

let us know if this works.

Re: Using LDAPSEARCH.ASP

I do not have a file called "localstart.asp"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content