cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Route Filters for toll bypass... any easier way?

sgavan
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up toll bypass for serveral locations on one large IP system. I want to do toll bypass for office codes that are local for gateways in particular cities. I have it working so that if a caller dials 1+10 digits and the area/office code matches a route filter clause (say office code is 616-323-XXXX) it then directs the call out the local gateway for that number and dials it as 7 digits for local call.

As I said everything works fine, but in just one city I have 148 office codes to enter as route filter clauses. I get about 7 or 8 entered and the clause because large and long to load... not to mention tedious to enter. After I get this location done I have 12 other cities to enter local codes for.

Looking for an easier way...

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 Replies 2

Pabloduarte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I believe that you best solution for this is to use a gatekeeper.

In the Gatekeeper you will have a cleaner method of routing calls that with using Route Filters and so on.

Also It centralizes Call Routing to one database.

Hope it Helps

Pablo

jcmartin
Level 1
Level 1

I have this set up with route patterns and partitions selecting route groups which then select the appropriate gateways. In this way, there are no route filter restrictions and you don't need a GK. The router group is selected based on the route list match. The router group then goes through the list of possible gateways for the final destination of the call.