Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using Schedule To Disallow Unity Transfer To Extension

I work in a hospital, and our unity 3.14 system has a lot of call handlers built for individual patient room extensions. We like to be able to "shut the phones off" for incoming calls... Each current call handler simply passes the call and is set to "ring the subscribers" extension when those particular digits are pressed. Currenly at the main call handler screen for each the schedule is all hours all days... I have a schedule built called patient hours... 9pm to 7am is the closed time... When I changed it to patient hours and saved it, it still is passing the calls to the extension when I think it should not be... Any ideas if I am doing something wrong, or if this is just an impossibility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Using Schedule To Disallow Unity Transfer To Extension

What you describe is exactly what schedules are used for, you should be able to make that work.

The most common mistake I see here is the alternate transfer rule is enabled and being used - this over rides the schedule and is always active regardless.

Be sure the standard rule is set to transfer, the off hours rule is set to not transfer and the alternate rule is disabled.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

What you describe is exactly what schedules are used for, you should be able to make that work.

The most common mistake I see here is the alternate transfer rule is enabled and being used - this over rides the schedule and is always active regardless.

Be sure the standard rule is set to transfer, the off hours rule is set to not transfer and the alternate rule is disabled.

this was absolutely the problem. Alternate was enabled. I appreciate it!

Views
Helpful
Replies