cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the forwarding option from the User Menu in Unity 3.14

virginiak
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 3.14 installation. The customer wants the ability to utilize the user option to forward calls to another location. However we can not get this option to work. So when they call into their extension and choose option 4, 1,2 the system acknowledges that this has occurred but when you call the user extension it still is ringing the subscriber's extension. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so you are going into the transfer options in the subscriber conversation and changing the transfer number for the subscriber and it's not saving properly? After changing it over the phone and you go back and listen to the transfer option conversation, is it still changed? How about through the SA/AA interface?

Correct when I go to the phone and listen to the transfer option conversation it is showing the change, however when I physically go into the AA interface it does not show the change.

and when you call back in over the phone it's back to the old value as well?

weird... I'm not even sure what to suggest at this point other than getting remote access and watching what's happening in SQL when you do this... if you have WTS access into the system and have some time to repro this with me today, ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com".

Hi folks !

One of my customer if getting the "same" issues !

In my point of view it's a bug in UNITY 2.4.6.x and later ! (Customer is using 2.4.6)

Look :

1- Subscriber is calling his office from home (External Call)

2- Call is route by CallManager directly to UNITY Pilot Number (DIRECT CALL)

3- Subscriber open an "Attemp to sign in" Session and log on to is own CallHandler .

4- Configure the option for transfering the Call to his home phone .

5- And external call to UNITY is done, UNTY Answer, External Caller enter the desired extension, UNITY Release the Call to PBX and ring the Internal Phone instead of the "configured" External Extension .

A look in SA, Subscriber | Transfert Option will show you :

Option : Ring to subscriber line ( 1234 ) -> This number is the "internal" DN.

* Should be "Ring this Extension Option"

If you "unsetup" the transfert by calling the voice mail again

A look in SA, Subscriber | Transfert Option will show you :

Option : Transfert directly to subs greetings.

* Should be set back to Ring Subs line

Understanding the Call Process, when an external caller reach the UNITY by using a DIRECT Call to the Pilot Number :

1- Open Greeting

2- External User call UNITY Pilot and compose the internal DN who I want to reach .

3- UNITY Release the call to PBX, By using the TRANSFERT option ! By default, she should be set on : "Ring the Subscriber Extension"

4- Callmanager Try to establish the call Between the External caller and the internal called number .

5- The subscriber is at home. So, CallManager will foward the Call to VoiceMail, according to the Foward no answer option in CallManager !

6- UNITY receive the fowarded call from CallManager, but interpret the condition as "Foward (Ring-No Answer), so UNITY assume that the subscriber is unable to answer, and route directly the Call to Sub's Greeting !

Understanding the Call Process, when an internal caller try to reach, the extension on wich the VM have been setup to Transfert to "Ring to this extension" , in this case : Home phone .

1- Callmanager try to establish the call between the internal caller and the internal called number .

5- The subscriber is at home, So, CallManager will foward the Call to VoiceMail, according to the Foward no answer option in CallManager !

6- UNITY receive the fowarded call from CallManager, but interpret the condition as "Foward (Ring-No Answer)", so UNITY assume that the subscriber is unable to answer, and route directly the Call to Sub's Greeting !

UNITY IS LEGITIME of assuming on a "Foward (Ring-NoAnswer" condition, that the subscriber is NOT at his "registred" extension number . So, UNITY don't have to query the "Transfert" option, to know what it must do with the call.

Doing the opposite (Query Transfert Option) can result in a routing loop if the Transfert option is set to : "Ring the subscriber" .

For an INTERNAL call, this is just NORMAL, The user must setup the "Foward No Answer" option on his PBX to is Home Phone. He can do it from home by using CCMUser if the admin don't really care about the security , and leave acces to this page from Outsider (Internet User) (With CALLMANAGER).

For the EXTERNAL call, who is "automaticly attend" by UNITY. I conclude a bug in UNITY . (Related at the beginning of my reply).

I hope this will help !

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: