Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using Web Dialer with Intranet

Our web developers are trying to use click2dial within our intranet. What they are looking at doing is have a page within the intranet that you can look up names and then click on the number to dial it.

The current setup they have give them this error:

"java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate not Trusted"

We use Websphere.

What is the best way to achive a intranet page that can use a click2dial or webdialer app?

Hope I asked the question correctly and I have provided enough information. I am not a web developer so I am not sure how to ask this. If additional information is needed please let me know and I will get our web guys to help.

Thanks

Trae

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: Using Web Dialer with Intranet

Additional information on the setup would be helpful.. especially how the webdialer is called or if you have your own application connecting to the webdialer (websphere is a j2ee application server and since the problem is java related, it could be either)

Thanks for the response. Here is some additional info from our Web guy.

We can get the click2dial sample app to work fine by hard coding an I.P. address for a phone. The problem is getting a list of I.P. addresses for the phones from the call manager (CCM 4.1(3)sr2). We're going to https://X.X.X.X (CCM IP)/ccmadmin/reports/devicelistx.asp to get the addresses, but are getting the java exception when trying to connect there. The exception is thrown by the application server. Is the problem easier to fix on the application server (Websphere) or on the server that has the XML document? Is there a better way to get the I.P. addresses than going to this document?

Most applications today are using devlicelistx.asp but now you can get this data from SOAP/AXL. Starting from CM5.x, devicelistx will no longer be available. Since you are running HTTPS, you have to make sure that your Java app can handle that. There are additional lines of code you need to add to grab data from HTTPS.

You can also disable SSL/HTTPS selectively on devicelistx.asp by following these steps:

1. Terminal service into CM or log on to CM from windows.

2. Select "My Computer", right click and select "Manage".

3. Select "Services And Application" and then "Internet Information Service".

4. Select "Default Web Site". Expand "CCMAdmin". Expand "Reports". Select "devicelistx.asp"

5. Right click and select "Properties" and select "Directory Security" tab.

6. Click "Edit" under "Secure Communications" and uncheck the box that says "Require SSL".

Almost certainly sounds like a cacerts issue to me.

By default Java will throw a exception if you try to create an ssl connection to a websserver where the server certificate has not been issued by a trusted root authority. The list of these authorities is in the cacerts keystore within your Java directory. This will almost certainly be the case if your IIS webserver certificate was self-certified or issued by an internal CA, rather than a trusted CA like verisign.

The solution is to import the public key of CA into your cacerts file. You can export this key from the IIS server certificate which you will find in the local machine store if you use the Certificates MMC snapin.

You can then import a cer into the cacerts file using the command line keytool, or I use keytoolgui.

I also think that you can configure the Java connection to ignore these exceptions - but I have forgotten how.

Alternatively of course a simpler solution is to disable SSL as the previous poster suggested.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.