Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Has Someone actually implements this technology from cisco. Sounds very unpractical to me, running voice and video over the internet using IPSEC tunnels.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Is this technology mature enought to be recommended to a client who has small locations around the world?

Community Member

Re: V3PN

I have a Health Care agency that currently has a Head-end and 10 remote sites. We have a 2801 at the Headend and 2811 with the 16 port POE switch at each remote. The head-end currently has 1MB up and 6MB down Cable modem, the remotes sites have a varity of DSL, Cable and Integrated Access Circuits. The Head end has approximatly 100 people and the remotes have 5 - 12. I am using Fax relay and G729 from site to site and site to head-end. I have set the head-end up as a DMVPN hub and the remotes as spokes. Everything is working very well, however we have not tried any video.

Community Member

Re: V3PN

We have a 200+ node DMVPN network, running voice and video without any major problems.

1. The quality of the network isn't determined by the acronym of the topology (DSL, T1, MPLS, IPSec), it's determined by the carrier (SLA). Your network will be as good as they want it to be. I find it humorous when a carrier states that the Internet is unreliable, when most carriers use the same network for Internet, MPLS and Frame Relay.

2. If you do use an encrypted transport as a WAN, additional thought must be given to QOS.

But, if you get good connections from a good carrier and implement a QOS system that's capable of handling encrypted transport, it runs quite well.

CreatePlease to create content