Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VBrick and IP/TV Integration Problem

We've successfully gotten several VBrick 3200's to integrate with IP/TV -- well, sort of. IP/TV detects and advertises the VBrick RTP streams as it should, but . . .

If we open the VBrick stream in the IP/TV 3.2 player for a few seconds, close it, and then immediately try to open that same stream -- it will take about 3 to 3.5 minutes before the stream will play. The player spends that time just sitting there looking blankly back at you in minimized mode, then at 3+ minutes it jumps to life. If you open the VBrick stream in the player, close it, wait 3 to 3.5 minutes and then open that same stream again -- it will play right away. I've watched the activity light on the VBrick and it never stops streaming during that 3+ minutes. Our network is all Catalyst 5500's; properly Multicast enabled according to our network guys.

Any thoughts on why the delay? I'm stumped.

1 REPLY

Re: VBrick and IP/TV Integration Problem

Beigheym,

Where are you in located in the network? have you rried from multiple sites with the same conclusion? you might want to look at the hops in the VBRICK or what it is that you are broadcasting I have found that the file type in IP/TV can affect its preformance on the network. I consistlently use Adobe Priemiere to edit in .avi but use Ulead editor to convert to MPEG1 other than that I received poor quality. I am multicasting across North America (Toronto, Florida, San Jose etc)

Hope this is of some aid

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content