Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

very basic help with T1 use

where can i find out more about how T1 bandwidth can be shared between video, voice and data. i don't understand how the 24 channels can be configured for these different uses. You've guessed I'm new to networking so be gentle please!

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: very basic help with T1 use

where can i find out more about how T1 bandwidth can be shared between video, voice and data.

Their are many sites with information on how to configure channelized T1. Are you looking for information on how channelized T1 works, or how to configure it for Data or voice communication? Here is a link on how to configure your individual channels. T1 is basically a trunk of smaller circuits shared on the same physical media, their are 24 Ds0s aka Digiital Signal Level 0 , think of each one as their own circuit, using the csu the circuit comes in on you can split the 24 channels up how you like for example if you needed 6 channels for voice you can assign 6 DS0s to your pbx and the others to your data line. T1 uses TDM time domain Multiplexing, meaning the physical media/wire is split amongst the 24 channels via a time algorithm that allow each circuit to use a piece of the media. Here is a good link... http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_c/dcchant.htm

I am looking more at how its configured. I already knew about the 24 channels etc but thanks for your comments anyway. The link looks really good and I shall see if it answers my questions..

Thanks again for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.