Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VG-248 issues with DIGI Modems in a pool.

I am running 6 Vg-248s code 1.2.1 with CCM 3.3.3 sr1 and what the issue is when you call the modem pool and hang up , call back in the modem rings but is not reset and ready to take a call. What I see is if you call a VG248 port with phone hooked up , if the calling party hangs up and the called party ( on the vg248) does not , the port actually drops and is ready for another call to come in even though I have not hung up the phone. This appears to be called party supervision. I have tried all supervisions settings on the vg248 and it still reacts the same way. This is an issue because I have a modem pool that is real busy and soon as the port is idle on the VG-248 the next call hits it but the modem is still resetting so I get a ring no answer.

This appears to be the way it works and without a hunt group that can route to the least route port , I am in trouble.

I do not use Web attendant so I cannot setup hunt groups this way,

Anyone seen similar behavour or anyone has any ideas.

Hope this all makes sense.

1 REPLY

Re: VG-248 issues with DIGI Modems in a pool.

You may want to verify that you have modem-passthrough enabled on your vg248s AND your PSTN gateways. What type of gateway for inbound PSTN connectivity to your voip network?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content