cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG problem on DSP

hlee
Level 1
Level 1

I have just setup a brand new VG (2811) for a customer with 3 x E1s. The first 2 x E1s works fine, but when i tried to add the 3rd E1 onto the 2811, i get the following error:

NSY-GW(config)#controller e1 0/1/1

NSY-GW(config-controller)#pri-group timeslots 1-30

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller E1 0/1/1

% The remaining dsp resources are enough for 6 time slots.

% For current codec complexity, 2 extra dsp(s) are required to create this voice port.

Is there anyway i can confirm that my VG had really ran out of DSP resources, as I was under the impression that I can share the DSP farm between the VG and it's voice cards.

I have also attached the VG (2811)'s config as an attachment.

Thanks,

Hunt

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try going into voice-card config and setting flex complexity (not sure if this is default or not though)...

conf t

voice-card 0

codec complexity flex

Also do a show diag and post the output so we can check the number of DSPs is sufficient...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

What does the "codec complexity flex" do?

Anyway, I have attached the "show diag" as an attachment.

Cheers,

Hunt

Hello:

You need one PVDM2-32 + one PVDM2-64 or two PVDM2-48, but as you now have one PVDM2-64 the best options if you memory and cpu resources support that is add a PVDM2-32 or PVDM2-64.

BYE,

Diego Barba ( Spain - Madrid )

dbarbah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

You don´t have enought dsp resources for three PRI, because you have only one pvdm2-64 ( manage 60 channel - 2 PRI).

You are short of DSPs... use this tool to work out what you actually need:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!