Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vg200 design

hello

suppose i have a company that was using a PBX with 12 PSTN lines.

this company want to use ip phone technology with its remote offices.

we suggest to use VG200.

so we connect VG200 in LAN, and we use 1 FXO modules (2 FXO ports)to link the VG200 to PBX.(suppose we have 2 simultaneous conversation between the company and its remote offices)

my question is: should i, move all 12 PSTN lines to VG200s or share them between PBX and VG200 or keep them in PBX?

some one told me that i should move all 12 PSTN lines to VG200s. but i just have 2 links between PBX and VG200. so i suppose if this 2 links r busy i can no longuer use the 12 PSTN lines? is it true?

i have no experience with VG200, so can u help me?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: vg200 design

First of all if the 12 pstn lines are not a fractional t1 then I don't see how you can move all 12 lines to the vg200. One vg200 will only get you 4 analog interfaces. So the most you could do between the pbx and 1 vg200 is 4 lines. If that was the case I guess i would leave all 12 in the pbx and have 4 between the pbx and the vg200. You are correct when all 4 trunks between pbx and vg200 are full no one would be able to call between the 2 until somebody hung up.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Hi,

In VG200, beside the network module there are two other smaller slots, wonder if I could put the VIC-2FX0/FXS in those slots ? or they are for WIC only ? Thanks for help.

Duc Vu

Cisco Employee

You can only put vics in slot 1. There are no DSP's in slot 0. These cards need DSP's to operate so the answer is no.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Thanks a lot, McKee. Have a great day.

Duc Vu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content