Views
Helpful
Replies

vg200 pri to seimens rolm switch

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

Has anyone done this successfully?

The PRI is up on layer one and two. Here is the symptom: when dialing from a Rolm phone to an ip phone, you must dial the extension, then you get dial tone. Then you dial the extension again and it rings the ip phone.

My problem is that I don't know how to read the debug logs well enough to know whether I am giving that intermediate dial tone or whether it is originating on the Rolm switch. If the dial tone is originating on our side is it the call manager or vg200 that is giving the dial tone? Can the vg200 give dial tone with ios 12.3?

\

I see a somewhat cryptic message on the call manager around the time that a call is made from the Rolm phone which leads me to believe that it is possible that we are providing the intermediate dial tone. Also, 'debug vtsp all' shows a significant amount of activity immediately prior to the intermediate dial tone.

Thanks

Brandon

1 Reply 1

scadora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is possible that the vg200 is providing secondary dialtone. Check the "debug isdn q931" on the vg200 when you place the call. If the vg200 sends a "CONNECT" message back to the pbx when the call first comes in and you hear the secondary dial tone, the vg200 is the likely culprit.

To stop this from happening, configure "direct-inward-dial" on the pots dial-peers on the vg200 that point to that PRI.

More info at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/direct_inward_dial.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: