Views
Helpful
Replies

VG200 re-registers frequently

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At least once everyday, my voice gateway (VG200) unregisters from the subscriber call manager and registers again with it. This happens in a matter of milliseconds (AST reports both events as having happened at the same time).

I have mirrored all the configs of this gateway on to a 3640 (IOS version included) and this does not happen.

I am running Cisco Call Manager 3.1 with Service Pack 2 installed. My IOS version is 12.2 (XN).

3 Replies 3

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

We came cross same problem in one of our customer. I am pretty sure you are using MGCP in VG 200, right? MGCP is a registered protocol to CCM, and its CPU processor is lower than 3640. Sometime if heavy load in LAN or there are heavy load calls, VG200's CPU utilization will climb up to more than 70%, it somehow to make it unregister with CCM. What we did in customer is changed it back to h.323 with 3640, upgrade CCM from 3.12c to 3.13a with patch f.

Thanks Shouyi,

Yes, I am using MGCP and unfortunately I have to stick with it because it is the backbone of our IP telephony design and the system is already in production. I am yet to see any considerable drop in quality but it still bothers me as I know it is not a normal occurrence.

From the AST log, it happens at different times so I can not exactly predict the traffic patterns. I will try to keep an eye on the utilization just to make sure.

Concerning your customer, which exact change do you reckon solved the problem? H.323, the 360 or the CCM upgrade?

95% I think it is solved by H323. Actually our customer not only have MGCP unregisted problem, also had call drops problem during the conversation occasionly. The reason we upgraded CCM from 3.12 c to 3.13 is because 3.12c has more than 250 bugs. Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: