Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VG200 Replacement?

Greetings,

I have a Call Manager installation that is very old...3.3(3)sr2...in a 2 server cluster.  I am migrating it to a CUCM 7.0.2.10000-18 cluster in the near future.  But the question I have is related to my voice gateway, a VG200.  Some feedback from peers is that the VG200 can be replaced with several Cisco devices; ATA, Router, etc.  My specific question relates to the "best" replacement solution for longevity purposes.  The VG200 "show version" contains the following information, and bolded is the relevant hardware pieces:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) VG200 Software (VG200-I6S-M), Version 12.2(11)T8,  RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac
Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 28-Mar-03 20:27 by hqluong
Image text-base: 0x800080B4, data-base: 0x80BE9AF0

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.1(3r)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

bend-pri uptime is 1 year, 9 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload
System image file is "flash:vg200-i6s-mz.122-11.t8.bin"

cisco VG200 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x601) with 59392K/6144K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID JAD06310IGQ (0)
M860 processor: part number 0, mask 49
Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
24 Serial network interface(s)
1 Channelized T1/PRI port(s)
32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1 is what are some of your recommendations for the hardware replacement?  Is there a fairly straight forward, moderately inexpensive and robust enough hardware solution to replace this VG200 with?

Question 2 is would any of you recommend running the VG200 replacement with my staged CUCM 7.x cluster in parallel to the operational Call Manager 3.3 installation until I cut the old system to the new?

I appreciate any recommendations, lessons learned and ideas that you may have.

Thanks,

Mark H

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Bronze

Hello, Mark. Most VG200 are

Hello, Mark. Most VG200 are already End of Life/ End of Sale. Whereas the VG202XM and VG204XM are the direct replacements, are these the models that you currently have? Feel free to e-mail me (adawa@cisco.com), if you have additional concerns. Kind regards. 

Views
Helpful
Replies