Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VG224 and SRST

Hi,all,

I have a setup like this: PSTN<->h.323GW<->mgcp-vg224. I have SRST in the gw, but since vg224 doesn't support SRST per document, what will happen when the CCM is down? Can I still send and receive fax from the vg224? If yes, how should I configure that?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VG224 and SRST

Yes, that should work. Here is what the VG224 docs say:

High Availability-Customers will experience less voice downtime due to WAN link failure. Cisco VG 224 has built-in Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) failover to an H.323 connection to a Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) router. This failover will maintain voice service for analog endpoints in the event of WAN link failure and lost connectivity to the Cisco CallManager.

Check this doc for configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a008012ecc6.shtml

Regards,

Anup

How does the H.323 SRST gw know about the extension that is configured on the vg224? I read the doc but still confuse about how the SRST router route the incoming calls for vg224.

Can you give me some sample configs?

Thanks,

Silver

On the H323 SRST gateway, you would need to add an additional dial-peer to point to the VG224.

Lets say, if one of the phone/fax machines has an extension of 3000, then you already have a config something like this

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern 3XXX

session-protocol ipv4:

preference 1

voice class h323 1

Now you would need to add one more dial-peer, like

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern 3XXX

session-protocol ipv4:

voice class h323 1

preference 2 -- this would ensure that the gateway tries the CCM first before sending the call to VG224

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3 --- this would reduce the timer to 3 seconds so if CCM does not respond is 3 seconds, the gateway would send the call to VG224

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content