cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Feature Codes?

jamesowen
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone familiar with feature codes on the VG224? There is a need to be able to use call pickup with an analog phone on a VG224. I can't find any information about it on CCO for the VG224. I know I can set them on the VG248 and I know what they are set to on an ATA, but I can't find any reference to the feature codes on the VG224.

9 Replies 9

skhilnan
Level 1
Level 1

The VG224 only supports Basic Call and Calling Name. Supplementary services are on the roadmap. What would your prioritized list of supplementary features needed be?

Yeah, that's what I've discovered. Call pickup is an item that most of our customers use through an analog gateway when they have analog handsets on them. I would say that call pickup, call transfer, and conference would be the order I would put them in. It would be nice if the feature code was customizable as in the VG248, but even if it was fixed and was there, such as the **3 for call pickup on an ATA, would be great. Thanks!

dfarquharson
Level 1
Level 1

Jamesowen...

I have the same issue with the VG224 and the CCME running on a 3745. I cannot get either system to transfer a call. IP phones can transfer among IP phones but thats it. Have you managed to get this going. No info on cisco web site whatsoever.

Help!!!Help!!!

Yeah, unfortunately your only option is to use an ATA or a VG248 for analog handsets or other analog devices that require any supplementary features such as transfer, conference, call pickup, speed dial, etc. I don't believe any IOS based analog gateway currently supports any of these features. It would nice if somebody inside Cisco could provide some kind of timeframe on when this will be added to IOS analog voice gateways. Sorry, I know that doesn't help any. :(

Thanks for the confirmation. By the way the IP phones can transfer calls to the anaolog phones but the analog phones cannot do any transfer. Just thought I should let you know.

A couple of points. The VG248 is not supported with CCME today, so your only option today is the ATA connected to a CCME as a skinny endpoint. We are investigating adding features to the VG224 so that we can provide capabilities listed above, but since we do not have a program officially committed yet, I cannot provide any dates. Sarat

I am having the same problem with VG224. I thought that it was going to have the same features as the VG248 but with less port density. I have been able to do a blind tranfer using the VG224 by pressing the hookflash button on the analog phone and then dialing the number but other than that it lacks severly in features. Pickup being the biggest feature that I need. I found a doc the compares the vg2XX families. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_qanda_item09186a00801d87b5.shtml

Does anyone know 100% that a VG248 does do call pickup, mwi, call transfer, and conference?

Thanks a lot

Cool, thanks for the reply.