Cisco Support Community
Community Member

vg224 local call pickup

I have installed VG224 work with CME. I set the analog phones in the same group as the ip phones. So when the call comes to the IP phones, I pick the call up from the anolog phone. What happening is..i hear a dial tone (not reorder/busy tone). I put the phone on-hook then the ping is ringing. Once i pick up again the phone, the call connect to user who makes call the ip phones. Is it the default behaviour of call pickup form analog phone?

anybody body knows how to set the vg to pickup the call without on-hook first and off-hook again?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: vg224 local call pickup

Hi Edi,

It sounds like you might be running into this bug,have a look;

CSCse56129: Cisco VG224 erroneously triggers hookflash during CME call pickup interaction

Symptoms: On the Cisco VG224, a voice port registered to CallManager Express running. 12.4(4)XC may falsely detect a hookflash in the call pickup case.

Conditions: During call pickup, the CME sends an onhook signal to the VG224 port, presents a new call and immediately instructs the port to move to connected state. During these quick steps, the voice port on the VG224 is erroneously reporting a hookflash.

Workaround: Configure "no supervisory disconnect lcfo" on the Cisco VG224 voice port to avoid the false hookflash detection in the CME call pickup case.

From this doc;

Hope this helps!

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

CreatePlease to create content