Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VG224 problem

Hi,

we have many vg224 gateways. There are problems with freeze the phones and faxes from time to time. I tried to change the IOS but it wasn't helpful. When the phone/port freeze i have to restart VG224 and all functions are correct for some time.

Do you have anybody the same problem?

8 REPLIES

Re: VG224 problem

What do you mean by 'Freeze'? We've been having issues with our VG224 for a while now where the ports (usually individual ports) stop working. A 'no mgcp', 'mgcp' usually starts things up again. I think we've done a shut, no shut on the port and that fixes things for that port.

We've also tried upgrading IOS revisions (got another one to try on Friday) to try and solve the issue.

I mean the port look OK. It's Up and all look like other ports which are without problems. But i can't call to phone on that port.

It's possible to config this VG224 as MGCP gateway?? We use SCCP configuration..

Sometime it's helpful to shut/noshut port but in these days i have to reload whole VG224..

I am also the same issues with VG224s using SCCP.

I have an open TAC Case on this. I am waiting for it to happen again so the engineer can troubleshoot this.

Hi,

can you tell me what will be result? I installed new Subscriber before two days and changed the IOS to version 12.4.2T4. By that time it looks better but it's necessary to wait more days..

I talked to a TAC Engineer today. He is trying to reproduce it in the lab. He mentioned that there was something similar that resolved in IOS version 12.4.6. I ended up loading 12.4(6).T2 on a couple boxes and so far so good. However, like you mentioned it has only been up for a week and a half and that is not long enough to determine if the problem is relsolved. I will let you know if I find out anything else.

I got a response from TAC. There is a bug with some versions of IOS. Hopefully the newer code will resolve the issue.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsc29583

Hello I have problem with sccp, can you give the configuration to compare it with my configuration please .

Hi,

I'm using Vg224 SCCP connected to CCM 4.2 and faxed don't works

Have you solved this problem ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content