cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 & Sending DTMF to FaxFinder

alan-white
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who has a Multi-Tech FaxFinder system. The VG224 is attached to the multitech modem so that when a fax comes in, we need to look at the last 4 digits of the number dialed and have the vg224 send those digits after the call has been picked up. Anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks,

Alan

6 Replies 6

This is an old response above.  Cisco has changed the links meanwhile.  Anybody know what the new links are since the above don't work anymore?

Recently did a project for a customer using the multitech fax finder off an fxs card on a 2911.  We had issue with DTMF not being sent.  We actually found a documented bug with the multitech where we had to add some impedience configuration on the port I think to 60ohmz.  It was a while ago and I have lost the documentation I found at that point in time.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing.  I found a input to yours based on a KB article on MultiTech's website:

Resolution 5031541: FaxFinder Inbound Routing and Cisco Unified Communication Servers - Problems Detecting DTMF
http://www.multitech.com/en_us/support/help/resolutions/res5031541.aspx

Resolution 5031541: FaxFinder Inbound Routing and Cisco Unified Communication Servers - Problems Detecting DTMF

FaxFinder inbound fax routing is not working as desired. FaxFinder reports a DTMF timeout (DID:T). Incoming faxes are being delivered to the Line destination instead of the desired Recipient destination.

The DTMF routing information generated by the Cisco system is heard when testing, listening with an analog phone connected to the Cisco fax line, but is not detected by the FaxFinder when connected to the same Cisco fax line.

This problem can be been solved by configuring the Cisco Analog port(s) to use "600 ohm Complex Impedance". Specifying "complex" impedance is very important, which addresses line capacitance variables.

This may require you to update your version of Cisco ISO Release.

Product(s) affected: FF200,FF420,FF220,FF130,FF230,FF430,FF830,FF120,FF820,FF100

They also have a post on their site on how to set this up with an Avaya system.  Here is an interesting paragraph from that document

For each user on Avaya IP Office desiring to use fax, a virtual fax extension and user is created with calls forwarded to the fax hunt group. Incoming fax calls to the virtual fax extensions are forwarded to the fax hunt group, and delivered to MultiTech FaxFinder via available fax ports. When Avaya IP Office detects that a fax call has been answered, the virtual fax extension associated with the DID number is out-pulsed via DTMF digits to MultiTech FaxFinder.

So I will try configuring the "600 ohm Complex Impedance" on the analog ports and hope this takes care of it.  I wish there would be better documentation from MultiTech in combination with Cisco out there but that does not seem to be the case.

Mike

Yup that looks like what I found when I was having the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Here some more information directly from MultiTech's support:

We don't have much for Cisco configuration info. Here is a link to our ftp site

ftp://ftp.multitech.com/faxfinder/inhouse/Configuration%20Guides/FaxFinder-Cisco%20Call%20Manager/

I have also attached what we have for Cisco Call Manager Express and the DTMF Routing overview as the CME document shows an old FaxFinder. The requirements from the PBX are the same regardless of analog hardware model of FaxFinder.

If you need help troubleshooting FaxFinder configuration and log info let us know.

You may find that you need to contact Cisco resources for help with Cisco configuraition if what has been provided does not apply.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: