Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VG248 and SRST

We have a VG248 at a remote site conected via 3640's, I believe as of now the VG248's do not support SRST, has anybody heard if it will in the future?

thanks

Ken

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VG248 and SRST

I'm kind of confused on how you want to use the VG248 for SRST. The VG248 has 48 ports of FXS, but none of those are able to place calls to the Telco. Therefore, SRST would not be of any benefit.

However, if you meant to say VG200, SRST relies on the ability of the phone to failover to it's default gateway. The VG200 doesn't route, but according to the datasheet (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps2249/products_data_sheet09186a0080091de1.html then search for SRST), you can use a VG200 in conjunction with your 3640 as it is a better idea to use your 3640 as your SRST device. I have not set this up before, but I'm sure someone could enlighten us.

Rick

thanks rick but let me explain a little more, What we are looking to accomplish is, if the WAN link goes down, All the 2500 sets on the VG248 stay up and operational, while granted they will not be able to get access to the PSTN, which is at the main site, they will be able to call among themselves.

Thanks

Ken

Bronze

Tough one Ken. I still doubt if the VG248 will ever support SRST, especially since it doesn't run IOS code. Can you architect the network and CallManagers to where you have the subscriber at that site? Or, I do believe that if you put SRST on the 36xx that you would be okay to make internal calls even if you don't have any voice cards in it (remember I don't know your 36xx config).

Rick

yea that is what I was afraid of, the only phones they will have at the remote site will be the phones provided by the VG248, and there could be up to 500 Single line phones at the remote site. that is why we want them to call between phones at the remote site.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content