Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VG248 Faxing

I currenty have a VG248 with 12 fax machines on it. When fax-relay is enabled, all but 3 of the faxes work great; however, to get the other three faxes to work, I have to disable fax relay. When I do this, all the faxing quality suffers. When it is disabled, The faxes randomly recieve all or partial incoming faxes and they intermittenlty send incomplete faxes that cut-off after a few pages if they send anything at all.

Has anyone had any problems with PitneyBowes 9910 fax machines?

I have no way I can find of slowing the speed on the fax or no way of enabling/disabling ECM?

By the way, the VG248 is running 1.1.1 code.

Thanks,

Duane

1 REPLY

Re: VG248 Faxing

I had similar problems, in my case the problem was actually past the VG248 and at the outbound gateway. My gateway is a VG200 with dual PRI. Faxes failed completely while running 12.2.7 H323, but did work when I upgraded to 12.2.2XN MGCP, but only with Fax Relay Disabled at the VG248. I haven't really seen many failures but have noticed that Fax Pass-through is a lot slower than Fax Relay. I have Canon faxes.

- Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies