Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VG248 loop current increase

I'm looking for a device that will boost the loop Current on a VG248 port. I prefer something that is isolated, as it seems that the VG has a built-in Current Limiter of ~21.5ma. We keep running across situations, especially at colleges and universities, that are using Ramtel or devices for security phones (both dial and PLAR) that require 27+ma and 48+vdc.

We have tested with Sandman Viking(TBB-1) with no success. thanks.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VG248 loop current increase

vg248 only gives 36V.If you need more, consider an IOS platform with vic-2fxs vic-4fxs/did or nm-hda with EM-8FXS depending on the port density you require.This will not provide feature parity witht the vg248 but will at least drive the phones.

You can also consider the VG224. There is a 4pack bundle out as well for this product.

I don't know if this will help any but we measured 50.1 VDC on the ATA188 device. It is a 2 phone port analog to digital black box.

We are currently trying to get our campus elevator phones, ADA Compliant, to work thru the VG248 and/or the ATA188 adn so far no luck.It appears that in this case voltage alone was not our final solution.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content