Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VG248 Message Waiting Lamps?

I'm trying to get MWI to light a lamp on analog handsets, without luck so far. It will pass MWI in the form of a stutter tone, so I know MWI is working, but I've had no luck with the lamps. The vg248 is configured to pass both lamp & stutter right now. I've tried 3 different handset types which have worked with other PBX systems in the past. This light doubles as a "call coming in" indicator, so I know the lamp itself works, etc. I know the vg248 supports both hi-dc voltage and fsk as signalling types, but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas? Anyone else gotten this to work yet?

Thanks!!

Shaun

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VG248 Message Waiting Lamps?

Shaun,

I've gotten it to work fine with regular store-bought Panasonic and VTech phones. Both phones had a dedicated "Message" light which, as far as I know, get lit and extinguished with FSK tones. Not too sure about this part, but I never had any problems getting it to work at all.

Re: VG248 Message Waiting Lamps?

What voice mail system were you using? I'm trying it with unity 3.14, using IP ports only. The vg248 is not used to attach to the VM system, only to analog phones. What was your particular setup in this case?

As I understand it, most pbx systems will use a hi dc voltage to tell the phones to light the MW lamp. FSK is, I believe, what would come from a central office type of setup.

Was there any special configuration on the vg248, or on call manager, to tell it what type of signal to send?

Views
Helpful
Replies