cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 - MWI Messages Queued and not sent to CM (3.2)

justin.cohen
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to configure a VG248 to integrate with a BayPoint voicemail. The log in the VG248 shows the MWI messages are being received, and they are queued in the VG248, so we know the SMDI messages are being received and processed, however, they never make it to the CallManager.

All ports are registered and up, as well as the virtual voicemail port, they are all in the same partition, and CSS. We have configured the MWI DN's properly and checked their functionality.

At the same time, the VG248 should toss out an error if the MWI DN's in the VG248 are setup incorrectly, we set them up wrong, on purpose, so we could test if it would throw the error, and it did not.

Something tells me these messages are not reaching call manager.

Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

tedgarner
Level 1
Level 1

Further to Justin's post,

When I generate a Lamp on SMDI message into the VG248 ASYNC 1 port (with SMDI and SCCP logging turned on), I see that the message is received (RX 1:OP:MWI 2003!^D) and then an SCCP message is sent to Call Manager (TX: SCCP_OFFHOOK_CALLING_PARTY_NUMBER 2003).

I see this message received on Call Manager in the CCM traces but there is no response back to the VG248. As a result, the LampOn remains queued on the VG248 and it continues to regularly send the same SCCP message in an attempt to send the LampOn message to Call Manager.

I beleive I must have something missconfigured in Call Manager but based on the documentation, can not find anything that I may have missed.

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm just using a little app called "SMDI Tester" to generate LampOn and LampOff SMDI messages out of my Com port.

Please provide the part of the detailed ccm trace that shows the MWI request. We may be able toget some ideas from that as to the problem.

Just to update for everyone. We found that the MWI port 0 configuration in CallManager did not have a directory number assigned. This caused the vgc port to unregister constantly.

The installation docs for the vg248 incorrectly instruct the installer to not define a directory number for this port. We are working on gettingthe docs fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: