cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 Port for incoming analog

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have an Iridium satellite phone that has an anlog port off the back off the modem. If call comes in on the sat, the analog phone plugged into will ring. I was thinking that I could plug the analog port of the sat modem to an anlog port on the VG248. Create a DID on the port and then a shared line appeearance on an IP phone in the building.

Would this work? I'm basically taking the incoming analog as a trunk (i guess) and having it ring on an IP phone?

I have a 1MB I was going to test with it to mimick the Satellite analog.

- Create VG248 Port 1 with DID 5001

- punch down the analog pair from the satellite modem to the VG248 Port 1

- DID 5001, shared line on a 7940 IP phone.

Any thing wrong with this? Or will I get "dualing" or colliding dial tones?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

I think you will have the wrong interface on the VG248 to plug into the satellite phone - right now the phone plugs into the port that is giving it dial tone when it goes off hook, so the satellite phone is acting like an fxs port - the vg248 is also an fxs port - so you can plug an analog phone into it, but the satellite phone is acting like a phone line, and you need to plug a phone line into an FXO port. I hope that makes some sense...

Mary Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: