Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vibrate URI on 7921 not working

Hello,

I am trying to leverage the vibrate feature on a 7921G. I actually am trying to get 2 features going; audio and visual.

I have found (to no ones surprise) that it seems the functionality changes depending on the firmware. I have found that while using 5.1.1b CCM with firmware 1.0.0.84 I can get the Play URI to work on the 7921. However, I cannot get the vibrate to work.

When I upgraged the phones to firmware 1.03 or 1.0.4 I cannot get either Play or Vibrate to work.

My vibrate syntax is as follows:

<CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Vibrate:1000:1000:2"/>

</CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

When I attempt this, I get the following error:

VibratePhone() - Exception - com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: CCNException not handled:com.cisco.cti.client.CCNException: deviceDataPassThrough request failed

I am using JTAPI to perform the execute so authentication should not be an issue. I have verified the phone in question is associated to the correct user. I have the play uri working on the older firmware using:

<CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Play:Bass.raw"/>

</CiscoIpPhoneExecute>

Any thoughts out there in getting this to work.

2 REPLIES

Re: Vibrate URI on 7921 not working

Sounds like a bug in the firmware. I have been able to make it work, but I don't have the firmware info. in front of me. Your syntax is right and it was working with 1.00.84.1. This is not the first time I have seen bugs in firmware. Sometimes the version fixes things, but also introduces new bugs.

Re: Vibrate URI on 7921 not working

I have a similar issue with my app, I get really mixed results with various firmwares. I agree that your syntax looks right.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content