Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIC 2FXS VOFR

i have a 2600 in LA with a 2 port fxs card. there is a nortel phone system in la and we want to use the 2600 to route calls over a frame relay conenction to florida to a pbx there which is connected to another 2600.

so its

LA nortel-2600-fxs ----------------- 2600-pbx-florida

do i need to plug phones into the fxs ports or can the fxs ports somehow connect to the nortel system so all phones in LA can use them to call florida?

what commands do i need to issue on the 2600 in LA to route the calls to the proper place?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VIC 2FXS VOFR

You can connect an FXS port on a router to an FXO port on a PBX.

Be aware that there are better ways of doing it, though. There are issues with disconnect supervision with FXO ports.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t2/ft_ansds.htm

If you're doing analog, I would recommend going with an E&M module.

As far as routing calls, you probably want to start by understanding dial-peers here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/voip.shtml

Regards,

Clay

i am pretty familiar with dial peers and have done CCM installs mostly with pri and with PBX's i have only connected to them by T1 so the FXS thing is new. It was not my idea so i am trying to make the best of it.

so the PBX sends me didits and i want to route those digits to the next hop router i guess I'll use a

vofr dialpeer ?

and for incoming calls to send the digits to the FXS ports what dial peer would i use?

mostly my experience has been with T1, PRI and CCM so pardon my basic questions

Regarding this scenario, I have one question. Since the FXS port only use pulse mode for dialing, it is possible for the other end to receive and interpret the digits properly if the dialing mode for the FXO is DTMF?

Many Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content