Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

vic 4fxs/did

Help, please. I have a vic 4fxs/did module installed in hwic2 on a 2811 router with IOS spservicesK9 12.3(11)T10. I cannot configure the voice ports on this card for signal DID. I have DSP's on the motherboard. Do you have any idea what my problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: vic 4fxs/did

Found a similar issue in the TAC case collection tool.

Title

Cannot configure the Cisco VIC-4FXS/DID Analog Voice Interface Card to use DID trunk ports on a Cisco 2821 voice gateway

Resolution

Upgrade to Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.3.(14)T or later in order to use the card in DID mode. In Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(14)T and later, both modes of operation are available for the VIC-4FXS/DID card when installed on these voice network modules.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K57815485

Regards,

Anup

Okay, another stupid question; does this mean I need to install it in a network module before it will work even after I upgrade the operating system??? Thanks for any insight you have on this.

You can put the card in the regular hwic slot. No need to install NM. (As long as PVDM chips are on the motherboard)

Views
Helpful
Replies