Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference over IP

i013815
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We are going to implement video conference over IP. We have two Picturetel Concorde 4500 with an IP adapter. We contract an ATM link with a PVC of 512Kbps no real time.

What will be your advice to configure the routers??. In the same link we will do file transfer too.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

I suggest using IP prec on the video streams over the PVC for video traffic. NRT PVC is fine for VC itself. You should also look at the MCM for GK purposes and QoS proxy. Link at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/net_enabled/mcm/

Samual,

Instead of IP prec, what are the other ways you recommend adding QoS to my H.323 traffic.

I have considered LLQ with FRTS, but understood that the the FRTS, once applied, will effect all subinterfaces (DLCIs) under that physical interface. In this network that will not work as there are approx. 100+ DLCI's under that physical interface and only 8 of them should be shaped.

What would you recommend in place of FRTS/LLQ - PQ, CQ??

Thanks.

I saw your other message on another post. I suggest looking at Application Specific Routing (ASR) as provided by the MCM/QoS proxy