Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Video Conferencing Network Design Problem/Senerio

Hi,

I have the following situation, I am hoping for some good suggestions for our Video conferencing design:

Senerio:

I have four sites, two in US and two in Israel. All sites have a Full T-1 going to the Internet and we have a complete VPN among all sites.

Two US sites have 70ms round trip latencey between them. Two Israel sites have 50ms round trip Latency between them.

US(New Jersey) and Israel(Jerusalem) have 200-250ms Round trip Latency between them.

Present Equipment:

US(San Jose Office) : Venue 2000 with 3 ISDN (384k) connection.

US(New Jersey Office): Concord 4500 with 3 ISDN (384k)

Israel (Jerusalem Office): Equipment to be purchased

Israel (Telaviv Office): Equipment to be purchased.

Problem:

1. We accomplish Multi party Video conferencing(MCU).

2. We need to minimize the use of ISDN dialup between Sites. Implement Video over IP as much as possible.

3. Keep the total cost Low.

I was thinking of purchasing 3510 MCU and 3520 Gateway in US. Convert Concord 4500 and Venue 2000 to IP via Cisco VTA. Purchase POlycom FX in two Israel sites.

I would like all the inputs and heads up i can get on this.

Thank you,

Arsalan

2 REPLIES

Re: Video Conferencing Network Design Problem/Senerio

The parts you outlined will allow you to accomplish your goal. You may also need to purchase Cisco MCM software for each site for both gatekeeper and QoS purposes. Also note that the 250ms roundtrip latency between the US and Israel is beyond the recommended 150ms latency. You may want to speak with your SP to see if thise can be bettered.

Re: Video Conferencing Network Design Problem/Senerio

Did you ever get a reply to this request? I've a similar situation that I'm seeking a solution for.

Thanks,

Rich

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content