cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video over MC3810

m.dudock
Level 1
Level 1

Who has expierences with implemenation of Video over IP using the MC3810 from Cisco?

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

3 Replies 3

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

You need to be more specific in your question. We've successfully video implementations with the 3810 using both H.320 and H.323 video terminals in a STUN mode and native IP.

The current setup we have in Applied Materials Europe is a VOFR network via MC3810 network. I would like to use this MC3810 in order to route my video traffic as well. My VC systems do talk IP but I want to know if I need to implement QoS on the MC3810.

Any time you're doing real-time traffic in the same span as data traffic, QoS is a good idea. Sounds like an H.323 implementation would work well for you. The MC3810 does support Cisco Multimedia Communications Software (MCM) as part if IOS. The MCM supports both H.323 GK functioin as well as QoS proxy. I would recommend using the proxy in the case to prioritize the voice and video traffic and also to perform call admission control (CAC). Customers have implemented voice/video/data on the 3810 in the past so there should be no issues.