cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

View Mail error

kimberly
Level 1
Level 1

I have been pretty lucky when it came to inView mail installs so far. However, my luck just ran out. I tried to install View Mail on 3 freshly imaged Windows 2000 machines with only Office 2000 on them. They are Pentium 133 MHz with 64 MB of RAM (they are real slow with W2K).<br><br>I get the following error messages on all 3 machines:<br><br>1st error popup window:<br><br>UpdateRegistryFromResourceFailed<br>OK<br><br>2nd error popup window:<br><br>RegisterServer Failed<br>OK<br><br>Then I get a "Telephone Record & Playback Error" window:<br><br>Unable to create the client connector. The file AVTrapConnectionHolderSvr.exe is either missing from the system directory, an incorrect version, or corrupt. A full installation may solve the problem.<br>OK<br><br>I tried to uninstall (using Add/remove programs) View Mail & then re-install it but this did not get rid of the error messages.<br><br>I can ping the unity server using the DNS name.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Kimberly<br><br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

What version of Unity/VMO are you installing?
What source are you installing from?
Are you logged in to Windows 2000 with administrative rights to install software?
What is the PC manufacturer?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Unity version 2.4.6.135 (with soft prompts)
VMO version 2.4.6.102
I installed the VMO client from original Unity 2.4.6.102 CD & from the network.
During the install I was logged in as a domain admin with rights to log on locally & install device drivers.
The computers are hybrids our company builds but all 3 machines do NOT all have the same hardware.

Not applicable

Make sure you're running Sp2 on the Win2k boxes.

Try installing VMO from the .135 disk image as this will have the latest version of VMO.

You may want to uninstall with the VMO cleaner available from the answermonkey.net web site.

Do they all have the same kind of sound cards?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

They were all running W2K SP 2
They did not all have the same sound cards

1st New discovery: one of the PCs had working sound & could actually listen to the voice message if choose the sound card option. But Phone option did not work.

Final Discovery: although all the other PCs have the older 2.4.6.102 VMO version, I tried the Viewmail version 2.4.6.135 that I downloaded off the Internet. I can now play voice messages over the phone. The PCs seemed to need the .135 version of VMO while all other PCs have the old version. Why??

I would guess that the version of all new VMO installations should match the version of Unity, but I installed VMO 2.4.6.102 last week on two PCs (Unity version 2.4.6.135) without any problems!?

Is there an explanation for this?

Thanks,

Kimberly

Not applicable

The .135 build contains improvements to the Telephone Record and Playback (TRaP) connector.

Some of the problems fixed were particular to machines with multiple Network Interface Cards, including laptops with docking stations.

It is recommended that you use a VMO version concurrent with the Unity version, so if you're running Unity 2.4.6.135 you should upgrade to the VMO 2.4.6.135 software.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC